Monday, March 14, 2011

Passado Semana/Last Week

On Monday and Tuesday of last week everything around us was closed. I mean everything.  It was Carnaval here and its a lot bigger than Mardi Gras in the US.  Most of the people that could travel, did just that.  The city was very quiet.  While the rest of Brasil was dancing the Samba and enjoying friends and family during the holiday, we decided to paint our apartment.  We will show some before and after pics later.  We also had Portuguese class on Tuesday and Thursday and bought mattresses Friday.  The company we used was Mil Colchões. Which translates to 1000 Mattresses.  Its a great company and they delivered and set up the mattresses the next day.

Oh I almost forgot to mention. Last Saturday was my birthday. 28 years young or old depending on how you look at it.  The picture below is from the restaurant Abbey and I went to along with two other staff couples for the big celebration.  Donna Margherita, its a pizza buffet unlike any other. This is no Cici's Pizza!. The place was packed, I think everyone was there for my birthday.

Thanks for Reading!

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for apartment pics! Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I have enjoyed reading your blog. I am a member of First Bible Church Decatur, Al and I like to keep up with all our missionaries. I think blogs really let us see what your day to day life is like. Thanks for taking the time to blog!

    ReplyDelete