Thursday, December 9, 2010

The 1987 Atlanta Falcons

In 1987, the Atlanta Falcons were 3-12.  They were the worst team in the NFL.  The offense averaged 13.7 points a game while the defense let the opponent score on average 29.7 points a game.  You are not going to win many games. 
Fast forward 13 years, the Falcons are 10-2, they are the best team in the NFC and I would like to see them win the Super Bowl.  I think they can beat most teams this year but will have problems matching up with the Philadelphia Eagles and the New Orleans Saints come playoff time.
I've been a Falcons fan since 1991, that is the first time I saw a Falcons game and I have cheered for them ever since.  I am not a bandwagon fan, I don't hate Micheal Vick and yes I've done the "Dirty Bird" dance a couple times.  I've liked the Falcons when they had "Primetime" and when they had Jeff George. I've been to Atlanta Fulton County Stadium to watch a football game. 
What do the 1987 Falcons, the "Dirty Bird" dance and "Primetime" all have to do with me?  Well I guess not much.
I just like the Falcons and want to educate the 3 readers of this blog with a little Falcons history.


You might be wondering why I made all the 87s bold. That is because we are at 87% of our support budget.  We need $738/month to finish our support.  We are getting very close to being on the field in Brazil and we are excited, kinda like when I used to watch "Primetime" play football x 10.




Don't know "Primetime", introduce yourself by watching a highlight tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment